Friday, October 30, 2009

The Anticipation Is More Than I can Stand

Sunday is when NaNoWriMo starts and I can hardly wait. This year I have a new novel idea and I have been scribbling copious notes but I can't start writing until Sunday. I know a lot of Nanowrimos will start at Midnight but I have church Sunday and I don't do well unless I am fully rested. If I start writing in the wee hours I know I will pull an all nighter and be worthless in the morning. Not a good thing when driving a church van full of screaming kids. So I will start Sunday afternoon at the earliest but most likely after Sunday evening services. Then If I pull an all nighter I'll just fall asleep at my desk on Monday. But I have to go to work with some kind of word count (hopefully at least 1667) because the co-worker that occupies the seat next to mine is also in NaNoWriMo this year and if I have less of a word count than she does she will openly ridicule me.

No comments: