Tuesday, November 11, 2008

NaNoWriMo is Going Well. Too Well.

If you've noticed the NaNoWriMo widget in the lower sidebar, I am more or less on track with the NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth.  In fact I will probably surpass the word count I stopped at last year by Friday. I am pumped and psyched and wanting to get through this.  Some participants have already completed the 50,000 word challenge.  I just hope that I can stay on task and finish this year.

By some strange quirk of fate, the co-worker I sit next to after our department moved to a new area is also doing NaNoWriMo only she finished hers last year where I fell short. This year we can encourage each other. I think support is making all the difference this year.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Eve said...

I picked the wrong year to try NaNoWriMo. Too much going on around here - too much emotion, too much upheaval, too much distraction. I barely made it to the second day. (Insert wry smile here.) Maybe next year will be better.

Dane Bramage said...

I think that was me last year. This year is going very well. (looks around for something made of wood to knock on)