Thursday Thirteen #80
13 Reasons I Participate in NaNoWriMo
Well it is November! And it is NaNoWriMo time. For you thaht don't know National Novel Writing Month is a mad dash to write 50,000 words in thirty days. Thousands of aspiring writers worldwide take on the challenge. Some go on to publish their work (after a massive edit). So here are 13 reasons I participate every year.
- Everyone has a great novel in them. I just have to work through the thirty or forty crappy ones to get to it
- I want a character to survive the Game of Thrones
- I want to document the location of every Starbucks and Panera Bread in NE Ohio
- I plot the messy deaths of real people who annoy me and carry them out through my characters
- How hard can it be? look at that Twilight stuff
- In my literary world you can be married to Condolizza Rice AND Halle Berry. In fact you can combine them into one person.
- Someone has to write "The New Adventures of Harry Potter"
- I thought of another dozen shades of grey
- I can make teenage vampires and werewolves spontaneously combust
- I can justify the purchase of a new laptop for my art
- I get to write-in with real people whom I only see once a year
- It is more fun to rewrite history than it is to study it
- I think I can score a big hit with "The Hunger Games: More Fiber"
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants